Location: Nipro PharmaPackaging, Millville Tube Drawing, USA
Reports to: Plant Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsibilities include maintain/develop the facility’s EHS Management System on critical EHS processes, programs and procedures, assure compliance with site regulatory and other requirements, work in a team environment to drive company initiatives at the site, analyze and assess trend data, manage health programs, and facilitate relevant EHS training.
SIGNIFICANT INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Plant Management (Plant, Quality, Production Managers, & Line Supervisor, etc throughout Division)
- ISO Divisional Coordinator
- EHS Representatives (throughout Division) All Production Personnel
- 18000 and 14000 OSHA Registrars
- Training and Educational Organizations
- Local City, State and Federal Government
- Federal, State and Local Regulatory Agencies
- Worker’s Compensation Carriers
- Local Emergency Response Organizations
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND END RESULTS EXPECTED
- Plans, directs, and coordinates EHS compliance activities through functional teams, direction of plant manager and VP/GM.
- Primary responsibility for Compliance Assurance, Environmental Stewardship, and Health and Safety Programs and Management Systems.
- Development and implementation of plant specific policies, procedures, and programs to achieve and maintain compliance with relevant Environmental, Health, and Safety laws and regulations.
- Manage the enforceable Title V Air Permit Program for the Millville Campus in accordance with the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990. Supervise all monitoring and operational activities for the major sources of emissions and significant / insignificant sources of emissions. Review and audit the recordkeeping components associated with the requirements within the permit.
- Prepares, reviews, and submit the Emissions Statement for the Millville Campus that is required by the Federal Clean Air Act. Ensure that the calculations measure and report carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, total suspended particulate matter, respirable particulate matter (PM10 and PM 2.5), lead, volatile organic compounds, oxides of nitrogen, carbon dioxide, methane and the 36 toxic air pollutants (TAP’s).
- Manage all stack tests to ensure proper protocol for gas and particulate streams. Ensure that the pollution control equipment is operating at permitted conditions that are approved by NJDEP and U.S. EPA. Ensure that the testing is performed using sampling and analytical procedures approved by the NJDEP or the U.S. EPA for the specific pollutant or parameter and facility, unit, pollution control equipment, process, or operation.
- Prepares, reviews, and submits the annual compliance certification and semi annual deviation reports in accordance with Subchapter 22 – Operating Permits (N.J.A.C 7:27-22).
- Prepares Tier II and TRI (Toxic Release Inventory or Form R) reports as required under Sections 312 and 313 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act.
- Prepares, reviews, and submits applications/modifications/ reports for the environmental New Jersey Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NJPDES) permit in accordance with N.J.A.C. 7:14A and the Clean Water Act. Ensure operating parameters, potential sources, and point sources do not adversely affect the quality of surface waters, local streams, and ponds.
- Prepares, reviews, and submits applications/modifications/ reports for the environmental New Jersey Water Allocation Permit in accordance with the Water Supply Management Act N.J.S.A. 58:1A-1 et seq. Ensure that operating parameters are within the permit guidelines.
- Manage the Preparedness, Prevention and Contingency (PPC) Plans, and Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans identifying potential sources which may adversely affect the quality the local water and industrial wastewater and storm water runoff.
- Identify and develop good working relationships with state and local authorities (i.e., state/local environmental and safety agencies, wastewater authorities, fire departments, etc.) as well as appropriate internal Environmental, Health and Safety contacts.
- Conducting audits of the existing EHS program to determine a needs assessment; develop action plans to address identified needs. Articulate a vision for site EHS excellence with a goal of an incident free workplace.
- Contributes during accident/incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis. Assists in investigation process, prepares reports, and maintains records as needed. Ensures that necessary corrective actions are implemented to prevent recurrence of a similar incident. Promptly communicates recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Lead works compensation claims management process to include file reviews with
brokers/insurance agents/ medical personnel / plant manager/ VPGM. Provide various reports to Legal to support of claims handling.
- Develop and implement adequate EHS programs and systems (including records) in order to maintain and demonstrate regulatory compliance as well as comply with Division policies and procedures. Develop and maintain records necessary to comply with relevant environmental and health/safety laws and regulations. Prepare and submit reports to document compliance activities. Develops plans and programs ensuring adherence to these regulations and policies by formalizing documentation required for internal/external compliance.
- Maintain working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and identify all requirements that apply, or may apply, to the facility. Monitor external standards for the area of responsibility, including new legislation and Industry standards, by being active in trade associations and other appropriate bodies.
- Develop and implement training programs/materials for all required elements of the EHS Management system.
- Use Division training materials to prepare for plant specific situations, identify other training materials, prepare training outlines and define training requirements for plant EHS activities. Conduct certain training for plant employees and management. Assist in the development of procedural instructions and train operating personnel on proper maintenance of EHS records, documents, and reports.
- Coordinate and assist in the execution of capital EHS projects to ensure compliance with requirements and completion on a timely basis. This includes recommendations of EHS capital equipment purchases and other equipment to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Conduct audits and inspections of plant activities, and train others on conducting such audits and inspections. Inform the plant manager of conditions, which could lead to potential violations of laws and regulations or company policies and procedures.
- Establish systems to collect, track, and trend key EHS performance indicators; implement corrective strategies where appropriate. Communicate annual EHS improvement targets and ongoing EHS initiatives. Participate in external EHS Audits.
- Identify, develop, and coordinate the EHS training as required by government and corporate regulations.
- Sign-off on the safety aspects of all capital projects to ensure that concept, design, installation meet site and corporate safety and health requirements.
Manage site loss prevention and insurance reviews.
- Maintain records and files related to EHS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS REQUIRED
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree Required – preferably in environmental management, safety management or industrial risk management
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years experience related to EHS Management- preferably in an industrial setting
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE: Working knowledge of EPA, NJDEP, OSHA, and DOT rules and regulations
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE: Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of Access a plus
- Good facilitator and trainer
- Strong project management skills
- Influence Management
- Management of Conflict
- Customer Focus
- Meeting Leadership
- Formal Presentation/Facilitation Skills
- Employee Engagement
- Records Management
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The incumbent is responsible for the maintenance/development of the facility’s EHS Management System on critical EHS processes, programs and procedures. To assure systems are in compliance with site regulatory and other requirements, work in a team environment to drive company initiatives at the site, analyze and assess trend data, manage health programs, and facilitate relevant EHS training. Applied knowledge of OSHA, EPA regulations a must. Knowledge of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 a plus.
Please send us your latest CV and motivational letter to:
Nipro PharmaPackaging Americas Corporation
attn. Mike Mattingly
1200 North 10th Street
Millville NJ 08332