Nipro Europe Group Companies is part of Nipro Corporation Japan, a leading global healthcare company with over 28.000 employees worldwide. It’s European headquarters in Mechelen are home to Nipro Medical Europe, Nipro PharmaPackaging International, and the Institute for Medical Practice (iMEP) Belgium – a fully equipped research and training facility for medical professionals and Nipro employees alike. The geographical scope includes Europe, Africa, America and India.
To accommodate our growth, we are looking for a dynamic, hands-on Internal Audit Manager, based at our EHQ in Mechelen.
About the Role
Under the direction of the CEO and Audit Committee, the Internal audit Manager will further shape & develop our internal audit function. You will manage one internal auditor and together you will ensure the sound working of NIPRO’s internal control framework regarding financial compliance.
What you’ll do
- Set-up a lean audit infrastructure for financial and performance audit
- Develop, plan, manage and execute the annual audit plan.
- Develop & manage internal audit procedures in accordance with local and international best practice (IPPF).
- Set-up a solid governance structure for the internal audit department.
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk and advise management on how to reduce business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Review the suitability of internal control design, determine compliance with policies and procedures; identify and propose improvement opportunities and communicate findings to the CEO & AC as well as draft comprehensive and complete reports of audited processes.
- Advise the business on process improvements & ensure follow-up of the action plans.
- Ensure close collaboration with the internal auditor, stakeholders from the business and external resources.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Manage risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with ISO and JSOX requirements and taking Nipro values into account.
What you’ll need
- 8 years of relevant experience in auditing, finance, technology and operations.
- At least 2 years of (people) management experience.
- A Master in Commercial Engineering or Economics.
- You are hands-on: you both like to build-up activities and roll up your sleeves to execute them together with your team.
- You are well organized and capable to prioritize & delegate work.
- Deadlines are an encouragement to you, not a burden.
- You have an eagle eye for details and enjoy analyzing numbers & cases.
- You demonstrate and encourage (business) ethical behavior -always & everywhere.
- A good suitcase & willingness to travel (± 30% per year).
- Fluency in English is a must, any other languages are a plus.
What we’ll Offer
We will offer the right candidate the ability to develop and grow fast in an international business setting. Next to a competitive salary, you will land in a friendly and dynamic working environment where people enjoy autonomy and taking initiative. Together with you and the team we want to develop this working environment to a great place to work that further attracts talents around the globe.