Nipro Europe Group Companies is part of Nipro Corporation Japan, a leading global healthcare company with over 28.000 employees worldwide. It’s European headquarters in Mechelen are home to Nipro Medical Europe, Nipro PharmaPackaging International, and the Institute for Medical Practice (iMEP) Belgium – a fully equipped research and training facility for medical professionals and Nipro employees alike. The geographical scope includes Europe, Africa, America and India.
To accommodate our growth, we are looking for a dynamic, hands-on Internal Auditor, based at our EHQ in Mechelen.
About the Role
Under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Auditor is responsible for the timely and successful execution of risk-based internal operational audits linked to the organization’s process level controls in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as supporting other audit matters and projects. This, in order to allow management to demonstrate and be assured of the sound working of its internal control framework regarding financial compliance.
What you’ll do
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk and advise management in order to allow management to reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation of controls and assist management in monitoring the effectiveness of these controls.
- Under the guidance of the Internal Audit Manager, develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice. (IPPF).
- Responsible for the execution of the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures; identify and propose improvement opportunities and communicate findings to the Internal Audit Manager as well as draft comprehensive and complete reports of audited processes.
- Prepare the audit testing documents for internal review by Internal Audit Manager.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with ISO and JSOX requirements and taking Nipro values into account.
What you’ll need
- A Master in Commercial Engineering or Economics.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in audit.
- Technical expertise in auditing, finance, technology and operations.
- Proactivity in researching business best practice concepts in order to advise/apply as appropriate.
- You demonstrate and encourage (business) ethical behavior -always &everywhere.
- You are well organized and capable to prioritize your work.
- You have an eagle eye for details and enjoy analyzing numbers & cases.
- Deadlines are an encouragement to you, not a burden.
- You are a good listener & communicator.
- A good suitcase & willingness to travel (± 30% per year).
- Fluency in English is a must, any other languages are a plus.
What we’ll Offer
We will offer the right candidate the ability to develop and grow fast in an international business setting. Next to a competitive salary, you will land in a friendly and dynamic working environment where people enjoy autonomy and taking initiative. Together with you and the team we want to develop this working environment to a great place to work that further attracts talents around the globe.