Nipro Europe Group Companies is part of Nipro Corporation Japan, a leading global healthcare company with over 28.000 employees worldwide. It’s European headquarters in Mechelen are home to Nipro Medical Europe, Nipro PharmaPackaging International, and the Institute for Medical Practice (iMEP) Belgium – a fully equipped research and training facility for medical professionals and Nipro employees alike. The geographical scope includes Europe, Africa, America and India.
To accommodate our growth, we are looking for a dynamic, hands-on Jr. Project Manager R&D based at our EHQ in Mechelen.
About the Role
The Junior Project Manager is responsible for managing projects focusing on the improvement of dialysis concentrate products. He/she will report to the Project Manager R&D.
This position will be executed from our European HQ in Belgium (Mechelen) and will be in very close contact with the production site(s).
What you’ll do
- Define project goals and objectives together with the internal customers.
- Define project strategy, scope, timeline and costs, taking into consideration risks and constraints.
- Monitor and control project progress, using IT resources as needed.
- Ensuring constructive communication with the project team.
- You’ll be accountable for the project and product quality.
- Identify new opportunities for continuous improvement of products and manufacturing processes, in close collaboration with the relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with the procurement office on the identification and selection of potential suppliers.
- Ensure the projects are delivered in accordance with the ISO quality requirements and by taking Nipro’s values into account.
- Learn and keep your knowledge up to date about relevant dialysis products and processes.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of project management at Nipro Europe Group Companies.
What You’ll Need
- A Master of Science or PhD in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering. Alternatively, a Master of Science or PhD in Biomedical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management.
- Fluent in Spanish (preferably mother tongue) and English. Fluency in Catalan or German is a plus.
- A positive spirit combined with great flexibility.
- Good communication skills.
- A nice mix of hands on execution & pragmatic problem solving. You get energized by managing multiple projects and delivering results!
- A good suitcase as travelling will be an inherent part of this position (±40%).
- Well organized and strong in setting priorities.
- Good analytical skills.
- A passion and ability to build strong relationships with our internal customers and overall stakeholders.
What We’ll Offer
We will offer the right candidate the ability to develop and grow fast in an international business setting. Next to a competitive salary, you will land in a friendly and dynamic working environment where people enjoy autonomy and taking initiative. Together with you and the team we want to develop this working environment to a great place to work that further attracts talents around the globe.