Location: Nipro Pharmapackaging Millville, USA
Performs laboratory tests to determine chemical and physical characteristics or composition of glass or glass raw materials for such purposes as quality control/assurance, process control or product development utilizing sophisticated laboratory instrumentation (XRF, ICP, FTIR, UV-VIS, MS, SEM/EDS). Takes lead role in the development of new methods, method validation, and method implementation. Prepares Technical reports in response to studies for the manufacturing plants as well as customer complaints and questions. Provides conclusions, observations and advice as appropriate.
- Leads planning, coordinating and conducting programs for research, product development and improvement of manufacturing processes. Conduct physical and chemical analysis and tests and issues reports.
- Provide process support and troubleshooting via inorganic and organic material testing with sophisticated laboratory equipment to determine both qualitative and quantitative properties of unknown materials.
- Evaluates laboratory systems and institutes changes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Investigates revisions to regulatory and compendia requirements and initiates projects and corrective actions that ensure the products are compliant and compliance is documented.
- Actively participates in department QMS program, safety program and safety inspections.
- Actively leads and provides support for new methods development, method validation, and method implementation. Involved in the planning and development of new experimental laboratory procedures and protocol to accomplish specific required analysis, which have not previously been conducted.
- Interpret test results and prepare detailed reports, includes sophisticated data interpretation of ICP and XRF spectra. Provides advice to the manufacturing plants.
- Prepares Technical reports in response to studies for the manufacturing plants as well as customer complaints and questions. Provides conclusions and observations.
- Visits customer sites as necessary to investigate/resolve product complaints, assess customer needs and generally promote the customer’s perception of Nipro as a world-class, pro-active, continuous improvement organization.
- Test samples of manufactured products to verify conformity to specifications and compendia requirements.
- Test materials used in glass manufacturing for physical properties and chemical properties: density, transmission, stress, XRF, glass raw materials, et. al.
- Participate in six sigma initiatives and customer related “six sigma” or process capability activities.
- 5+ Years experience in research and manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ceramic or Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
Please send us your latest CV and motivational letter to:
Nipro PharmaPackaging Americas Corporation
attn. Mike Mattingly
1200 North 10th Street
Millville NJ 08332